5 Reasons Not to Jailbreak iOS 7 currently
evad3rs gave us a big surprise by releasing the iOS 7 jailbreak, however we would recommend weighing the pros and cons before jailbreaking your device.
Here’s the list of reasons why you should not jailbreak your device on iOS 7 – iOS 7.0.4 currently.
1. It’s buggy:
Quite a few people are reporting problems jailbreaking their device with evasi0n7. Most readers have reported that their device gets stuck at the Apple logo, and have been forced to restore their device to restore from backup.
evad3rs are working hard to fix the bugs, and will release an update shortly, so you may want to wait for the new versions of evasi0n7 to be released.
2. Jailbreak Apps and Tweaks not yet compatible
A lot of jailbreak apps and tweaks including the ones that rely on MobileSubstrate are not compatible with iOS 7. So you need to be very careful installing the jailbreak as it could result in a reboot loop, and you could be forced to restore your device. Based on the comments from our readers, it looks like some of the jailbreak tweaks are not working on iPhone 5s, which could be due to compatibility issues the 64-bit A7 chip.
We can’t blame Cydia developers as even they haven’t got any time to prepare for the jailbreak. We expect them to release updates for their jailbreak apps and tweaks shortly. Since one of the main reasons to jailbreak your device is to install these jailbreak tweaks, you will be disappointed when you can’t install your favorite tweaks after successfully jailbreaking your device.
3. Taig Chinese App Store
As you probably know by now, the evasi0n7 jailbreak installs the Taig Chinese App Store instead of Cydia if the language set on your device is Chinese. Despite evad3rs team’s clarifications, there are some serious privacy and piracy related concerns that have been raised about the Chinese App Store.
4. Stock iOS apps may not work
While this doesn’t seem to be affecting many users, we have heard some isolated cases where users are having problems with stock iOS apps like Mail and Safari.
5. Void warranty
Apple notes in a support article that “unauthorized modification of iOS is a violation of the iOS end-user software license agreement and because of this, Apple may deny service for an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that has installed any unauthorized software.” Though you can always restore your device using iTunes to remove the jailbreak to avoid this situation.
We expect most of these issues to be addressed shortly so you can enjoy all the advantages of jailbreaking your device.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1