Absinthe iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Updated to 2.0.1; Includes Fix For Minor Bugs
Chronic Dev team has just released a new version of Absinthe Jailbreak (v2.0.1), which includes some minor bug fixes.
If you’re having trouble jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using Absinthe 2.0 then you might want to try to jailbreak again using Absinthe 2.0.1.
Chronic Dev team just tweeted:
some fixes have been pushed for a couple of little bugs, #Absinthe 2.0.1 is now live
Chronic Dev team hasn’t provided any details about the bugs they’ve fixed.
- iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S
- iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3 (except for the $399 iPad 2 with the tweaked A5 chip as pod2g hasn’t been able to get hold of it to test and confirm it)
- iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G
Absinthe 2.0.1 does not support Apple TV 2 and Apple TV 3 currently.
So if you’re having trouble jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using Absinthe 2.0 then you might want to try to jailbreak again using Absinthe 2.0.1.
Update: If you’ve successfully jailbroken your iOS device with Absinthe 2.0 then you don’t need to use the new version. Absinthe 2.0.1 fixes the issue that users were facing while trying to jailbreak their iOS device.
Absinthe 2.0.1 is compatible with only iOS 5.1.1, so if you’re on iOS 5.1 or lower (Settings -> General -> About – Version), then you should update your iOS device to iOS 5.1.1 either using iTunes or using the OTA software update.
If you depend on Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone, then you should wait for iPhone Dev team to release Redsn0w that adds support for iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak, which will allow you to create a custom iOS firmware file, which will allow you to update to iOS 5.1.1 while preserving the baseband.
Please don’t forget to first take a backup of your iOS device to iTunes before jailbreaking.
You can download Absinthe 2.0.1 for Windows, Mac and Linux from this link.
If you need help, check out our step-by-step guide to jailbreak your iOS device using Absinthe 2.0.1:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Untethered On iPhone 4S, iPad 3, iPod touch And More Using Absinthe 2.0.1
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w