Amazon rejects Apple’s false advertising claim in App Store suit
Amazon.com has filed a statement in Apple’s ongoing claim against the online retail giant, saying that the generic use of the term “app store” is not a violation of Apple’s “App Store” trademark. Amazon also asked for judgment regarding the suggestion that its use of “Appstore” to describe its own Android marketplace would be considered false advertising, in an attempt to somehow convince customers that the marketplace was related to Apple’s own iOS App Store. Amazon also cites Steve Jobs and other Apple executives as calling competitors’ markets “app stores” as well.
Apple has trademarked the phrase “App Store,” in reference to its own very popular iOS apps marketplace. But Amazon says this isn’t even a question of trademark just yet — it’s simply trying to get a judge to agree that using the phrase “appstore” isn’t false advertising. We should hear a decision on this filing coming up sometime soon.
Amazon rejects Apple’s false advertising claim in App Store suit originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 Beta To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w