Apple kicked off WWDC 2012 with a few jokes from Siri and whole lotta sales figures. Here are the higlights from Cook’s keynote:
- 400 million accounts in the App Store with credit cards and one-click payments
- 650,000 apps in the App Store
- 225,000 apps made just for the iPad
- 30 billion app downloads
- $5 billion paid out to devs
- App Store available in 120 countries with the goal of reaching 150
That’s impressive for an App Store that opened almost three years ago today (July 10, 2008). For more, follow our meta live blog of the event.
App Store has 650K apps, 30B app downloads and 400M accounts originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.