Apple adds new security feature to Mountain Lion preview
An update to the OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Developer Preview 4 was released yesterday afternoon, and the Twittersphere was immediately filled with missives about the features people were finding. A tweet by @Lhunar pointed out a new “Mountain Lion Security Updates” system.
The system apparently does daily checks looking for security updates, downloading and installing them automatically or upon restarting your Mac. This shows Apple’s growing concern about malware attacks on the Mac platform, particularly after the Flashback attack earlier this year. The system also includes a more secure connection to Apple’s update servers.
For developers who have downloaded and installed Mountain Lion Developer Preview 4, the update is a 1.16 GB download. Apple requests that those developers “[i]nstall this update as soon as possible.”
Mountain Lion will be available next month via the Mac App Store for US$19.99.
Apple adds new security feature to Mountain Lion preview originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w