Apple announces third generation iPad starting at $499 (updated)
After months of anticipation, Apple has announced the third generation of the iPad.
Prices are (all USD) $499/$599/$699 for Wi-Fi-only models in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB. Models with LTE 4G cost $629/$729/$829 respectively for the same capacities.
The new iPad has a 2048×1536 retina display, which is 3.1 million pixels. By comparison, a 1080p display has 1920×180 resolution. It also has an A5X processor and quad-core graphics, iSight Camera with a 5-megapixel backside camera, 5-element lens, IR filter and ISP built into the processor and 1080p video recording. Other features include voice recording, which isn’t quite the Siri that everyone was expecting, but does support English (US, British, Australian), French, German and Japanese.
The new iPad will be available with 4G LTE on AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, Bell and Telus in the US and Canada. It will be able to be a personal hotspot if the carrier supports it.
Pre-orders are available today, and the updated iPad goes on sale March 16 in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. It’ll launch March 23 in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
And yes, it has a Home button.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1