Apple kicked off its Earth Day celebrations last Thursday, outfitting retail employees with green shirts, decorating Apple Store logos with green leaves, and launching an “Apps for Earth” promotion that will see in-app purchases from partner apps donated to the World Wildlife Fund.
Apple is also celebrating Earth Day, which takes place on Friday, April 22, with a selection of Earth-inspired Apple Music playlists. There are five playlists available, each with a collection of 22 to 25 songs spanning a wide range of genres and musical tastes, as outlined below.
- Celebrating Mother Earth – From sun and sky to seas and trees, musicians pay tribute to the natural world in this set of uplifting tunes. Songs included are from artists like The Beatles, Coldplay, U2, Peter Gabriel, Michael Jackson, John Denver, and Cat Stevens.
- Power Off – Laidback, moody, contemplative tunes for when it’s time to chill. Songs included are from artists like Bruno Mars, Rihanna, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Sia, Adele, Maroon 5, Ryan Adams, and Alicia Keys.
- From the Roots – Rustic. Earthy. Unplugged. Timeless. Revel in this mix of straight up classics from rock’s most iconic artists and their acoustic guitars. Songs included are from artists like Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Bon Iver, Nirvana, Bruce Springsteen, and The Who.
- Recycle: Covers – Anything goes when these legendary tunes are given a brand-new touch. Songs include well-known covers from a number of artists like The White Stripes, David Bowie, Adele, Johnny Cash, Yo La Tengo, Saint Etienne, and Smashing Pumpkins.
- Amor a La Naturaleza – What better way to pay homage to the natural world than with songs that celebrate the wonder all around us? In honor of Earth Day, these eclectic, electrifying Latin alternative artists do just that. Songs included are from artists like Alex Ferreira, Ana Tijoux, Ekhymosis, Nicola Cruz, Astro, Bomba Estéreo, and Chancha via Circuito.
The five Earth Day Apple Music playlists are available to all Apple Music subscribers and can be found under the “New” section.
Discuss this article in our forums