Apple, Google sued by mobile web pioneer
A pioneer in the field of mobile browsing has now set its sights on Google and Apple with a brand new patent lawsuit. A company called Unwired Planet, which used to be known as OpenWave (and helped to create the original mobile browser protocol known as WAP) has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against both Apple and Google, claiming it has patents related to their cloud messaging, content, and mobile advertising applications. Unwired Planet started to transition away from actual mobile browsing last year, and is now basically a bundle of patents that the company is trying to “maximize shareholder value” with.
Of course, the courts will have to figure this one out, but it seems like Unwired is grabbing at straws here, hoping that one of their patents actually does apply so they can leech some licensing fees off of Google or Apple. Yes, if they did the work, they should reap the rewards, but this just smacks of desperation to me. Depending on what Unwired is actually asking for, they may even just be hoping that Apple or Google would rather pay out than worry about what happens in court. We’ll see.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1