Apple makes Motorola $1 per iPhone offer to settle wireless patent case
In a move meant to avert a potentially costly trial, Apple has offered to pay Motorola up to $1 per iPhone to license the latter’s “standard-essential wireless” patents pertaining to basic cellular and WiFi technology used in the devices. According to FOSS Patents, Apple attorneys said that the company intends to put up a fight if Motorola decides to ask for more than $1 per device in compensation.
This news comes two months after Apple announced its intent to license similar patents from Motorola in Germany, although the amount it will pay per device there has yet to be determined. In its settlement offering here in the U.S., Apple asked the Wisconsin court to set a rate for licensing the patents in Germany based on a FRAND basis.
Apple makes Motorola $1 per iPhone offer to settle wireless patent case originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 31 Oct 2012 22:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w