Apple today updated its list of supported Apple Pay banks to a new banks and credit unions in Mainland China, Russia, and Australia.
The additions include nine new banks and credit unions in China, four in Russia, and over 30 in Australia.
The newly added banks include:
- Bank “Otkritie”
- Russian Standard Bank
- Bank of Xi An
- Baoshang Bank Co., Ltd.
- China Guangfa Bank
- China Merchants Bank
- China Zheshang Bank Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Rural Commercial Bank Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo Yinzhou Rural Cooperative Bank Co., Ltd.
- Qingdao Bank Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Rural Credit Union Co., Ltd.
The Australian banks supporting Apple Pay were previously revealed in a report earlier this month after a partnership between Apple and payments group Cuscal was announced. Apple also added Orange Cash in France at that time.
The 30+ banks supporting Apple Pay in the country include:
- Bank Australia
- Bank of Sydney
- Beyond Bank Australia
- Big Sky Building Society Ltd.
- CAPE Credit Union Ltd.
- Central West Credit Union Ltd.
- Community Alliance Credit Union Ltd.
- Community First Credit Union Ltd.
- Credit Union SA Ltd.
- Defence Bank
- EECU Ltd.
- First Option Credit Union
- Goldfields Money Ltd.
- Goulburn Murray Credit Union
- Holiday Coast Credit Union Ltd.
- Horizon Credit Union
- Intech Credit Union Ltd.
- Laboratories Credit Union Ltd.
- MyState Bank Ltd.
- Northern Inland Credit Union
- People’s Choice Credit Union
- Police Bank
- QT Mutual Bank
- Select Encompass Credit Union Ltd.
- South West Slopes Credit Union
- Sydney Credit Union Ltd.
- Teachers Mutual Bank
- The Mac
- Warwick Credit Union Ltd.
- Woolworths Employees’ Credit Union
Apple earlier this week started allowing donations to nonprofit organizations through Apple Pay, and it also started sharing holiday discounts from retailers who promote usage of the newly launched Apple Pay on the web. That feature enables Apple Pay payments via websites in Safari, allowing users to authenticate payments with a nearby iPhone, Apple Watch, or the using the Touch ID sensor built-into the new MacBook Pro.
The full list of supported Apple Pay banks for Asia-Pacific markets is here. Its full list of banks for Europe is here.