Wednesday’s release of iOS 8.01 was however not Apple’s ideal job. Several iPhone 6 and also iPhone 6 Plus customers who downloaded the update quickly discovered that their mobile connection was no more active which Touch ID quit functioning entirely. Responding semi-quickly, Apple pulled the update entirely just a few hrs later and also said it was actively investigating the matter.
Early on Thursday, Apple posted an assistance file for afflicted users laying out a listing of steps to securely recover devices back to iOS 8. The support record further states that a fix will certainly be on the portal just “a couple of days” and the release of iOS 8.02.
Apple’s guidelines to revert back to iOS 8 checked out as adheres to:
1. See to it that you’re using the most up to date version of iTunes.
2. Attach your iPhone to iTunes.
3. Back up your iPhone in iTunes on your Mac or PC. iCloud data backups will not bring back to earlier versions, including iOS 8.0.
4. Download the data listed below that corresponds to your device:
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
5. Select the data you merely downloaded and install by doing among these in iTunes:
- Mac: Press the Alternative key and also click Look for Update.
- Windows: Press the Change key and also click Look for Update.
6. Press Update to install iOS 8 on your iPhone.