Apple, Proview meet in Shanghai court
It’s a battle of David and Goliath as near-bankrupt Proview International fights world-leader Apple over rights to the iPad trademark in China. The two companies met in a Shanghai court on Wednesday to argue why each one should retain ownership of the highly coveted iPad name. According to reports from the New York Times, Reuters and the AP, the court session lasted four hours and was filled with heated comments from both sides.
Proview’s lawyer Xie Xianghui asserted that “Apple has no right to sell iPads under that name.” Apple’s lawyer retorted with a scathing assessment of Proview, “Proview has no product, no markets, no customers and no suppliers. It has nothing.” Apple also pointed out that it sells a lot of products in China and a ban on iPad sales would “not only hurt Apple sales but it would also hurt China’s national interest.”
The local district judge’s day ended without a ruling. There was also no indication on how long this case may take. Estimates from lawyers suggest a decision is weeks or possibly even months away.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1