Apple today has pushed the golden master build of Xcode 7.3.1 to developers. The update carries the build number 7D1012 and focuses primarily on bug fixes ahead of its upcoming release to the general public.
Last month, Apple released Xcode 7.3 following a lengthy beta period. Xcode 7.3 included the latest SDKs for iOS 9.3, watchOS 2.2, OS X 10.11.4 and also bundled the latest release of Swift version 2.2. It included more intelligent code completion so developers can more quickly write their programs. It also made it easier for developers to build for Apple Watch, with quick switching between paired Watches.
Xcode 7.3.1 GM is available on Apple’s developer website now and the changelog can be seen below:
• The Enable Clang Module Debugging build setting has been removed in this release, fixing issues that could cause Xcode to crash or show incomplete information in the variables view. (25535528)
• Fixed a bug where a Swift command-line tool target in which -ObjC is passed to the linker would fail to link when built. (25447991)
• Fixed an issue where disabling a capability in the Xcode editor would leave the associated entitlement still enabled in the app. You may need to re-download provisioning profiles with the updated capabilities list after disabling a capability. Xcode no longer copies most entitlements from the provisioning profile into the app’s code signature at build time. Entitlements for Wallet, GameCenter (for OS X), Data Protection, and Push notifications are still copied from the profile. All other entitlements should be declared using the Capabilities tab in the Xcode project editor. (24771364)
• The Archives Organize Download dSYMs button correctly downloads the dSYMs for application versions uploaded with bitcode. (25430147) Interface Builder
• Fixed performance issue when opening storyboards or xibs with a large number of constraints. (25314053)
• Code completion shows the full title in the code completion pop-over. (25530060) Debugging
• Fixes an issue related to NSSegmentedControls that caused the view debugger to come up blank. (25388091)
• A fix to the LLDB Python interpreter allows it to correctly perform I/O within Xcode, enabling the “script” command to work as expected. Printed output from Python scripts appears in the Xcode debug console. (25448007)
• Fixes an issue that caused Xcode to crash after importing a localization. (25395822)