Apple reportedly makes a deal with TSMC for A6X production
With absolutely no love lost between Apple and Samsung, it’s being suggested that Apple will yank processor chip production from the South Korean tech giant. A report today in the Mac Observer, quoting from The Commercial Times translated by AFP says Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) will become the major supplier of chips for Apple’s mobile devices. That change could happen as early as the first quarter of this year.
Apple designs its own processors but gives contracts to others to produce them. Given the swarm of lawsuits between Samsung and Apple, it seemed only a matter of time before Apple pulled the plug, and certainly saw no reason to award multi-million dollar contracts to a company Apple feels has ripped off many of its ideas. In August, Samsung was ordered by a US court to pay Apple US$1.95 billion in damages for copying the iPhone and iPad features in some Galaxy smartphones. Samsung is appealing the ruling.
Apple and TSMC have declined to comment on the report.
Apple reportedly makes a deal with TSMC for A6X production originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 02 Jan 2013 14:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w