Apple soars into Fortune 500′s top 10
Despite the media’s best attempts to make it appear that Apple is in dire financial straits, Fortune today reported that the company has made it into the top 10 of the Fortune 500 list.
Apple arrives in the top 10 in the number six spot, replacing HP (now #15) as the leading tech company. Here’s the amazing thing — just last year, Apple was listed as #17 in the Fortune 500. Two years ago Apple was a distant #35, the spot now occupied by Microsoft.
The ranking of the Fortune 500 is based on revenues, with Wal-Mart Stores at the top of the list with 2012 revenues of US$469.2 billion. Three US oil companies — Exxon Mobil, Chevron and Phillips 66 — made up the second through fourth positions respectively on the list, with Warren Buffett’s investment firm Berkshire Hathaway just ahead of Apple in the #5 spot.
Apple’s revenues for 2012 were $156.5 billion with profits of $41.7 billion. That profit figure was exceeded only by Exxon Mobil, which as of today has a market capitalization of “only” $406 billion compared to Apple’s $433 billion.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1