Apple’s data centers now powered by 100% renewable energy
Apple released the 2012 update of its environmental policy pages and notes that the company is now using 100 percent renewable energy sources — solar, wind, hydro and geothermal — at its data centers.
The 100 percent renewable energy figure was also achieved at facilities in Austin, TX, Elk Grove, CA, Cork, Ireland and Munich, Germany, as well as at the Infinite Loop campus in Cupertino, CA. For all of Apple’s corporate facilities worldwide, the figure is at 75 percent, and the company says that they “won’t stop working until we achieve 100 percent throughout Apple.”
The company made a commitment to using 100 percent renewable energy at its data centers in 2012 after being criticized by Greenpeace over its energy usage. As the Apple video below demonstrates, the scope of the photovoltaic arrays used at the Maiden, NC data center is breathtaking.
Apple’s data centers now powered by 100% renewable energy originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 21 Mar 2013 18:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1