Apple’s share of the U.S. smartphone market now close to 40%
The latest data from comScore indicates the iPhone’s share of the U.S. smartphone is growing and is now inching ever so close to 40%.
For the period covering the first three months of 2013, comScore’s data shows that the iPhone’s share of the U.S. smartphone market checked in at 39%, representing a mild gain from the period ending December 2012 when the iPhone accounted for 36.3% of the U.S. smartphone market.
Coming in second was Samsung with 21.7% of the market.
Of course, when the metrics turn to overall platform share, Apple takes a backseat to Android which accounted for 52% of the U.S. smartphone market during Q1 2013. Overall though, Apple’s platform share went up by 2.7 percentage points while Google’s Android lost 1.4 percentage points.
As evidenced by the chart above, Apple and Android together own 91% of the smartphone market and there’s no indication that Microsoft and BlackBerry will be able to narrow that lead anytime soon, if at all.
Apple’s share of the U.S. smartphone market now close to 40% originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Sat, 04 May 2013 14:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w