AppShopper app runs afoul of new guidelines, pulled from App Store
AppShopper’s iOS app — a popular app-finding tool and pint-sized version of the full AppShopper website — has been pulled from the App Store today after Apple ruled that it doesn’t comply with a new guideline put forth by the company. TNW reports that the rule in question states “Apps that display Apps other than your own for purchase or promotion in a manner similar to or confusing with the App Store will be rejected.”
Well, that’s certainly what the AppShopper app does. And given that the tool is built for a singular purpose, and that purpose is now explicitly outlawed in the App Store rules, it’s hard to imagine a way that AppShopper could modify its app to meet Apple’s new guidelines.
Of course, AppShopper isn’t the only app-finding offering on the virtual marketplace, so we imagine that the rest are already waiting for the axe to fall as we speak.
AppShopper app runs afoul of new guidelines, pulled from App Store originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 18:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w