Belkin JoyPad plans sneak out
I guessed that we’d see a more official iPhone controller sooner or later, but I didn’t think it’d be this much sooner — Touch Arcade has unearthed this photo of a Belkin-branded game controller/case for the iPhone and iPod touch called the JoyPod. Looks pretty slick, though as Engadget points out, the ratios don’t really work out — odds are that the final product will have to be a little longer to fit the iPhone in there.
Very interesting, though — now I’m curious to see if Apple really will support stuff like this. Supporting a third-party controller would seem to go against His Jobsness’ suggestion that a multitouch screen could be used for anything (even typing on an awkward non-tactile keyboard), but clearly there’s a demand, from consumers if not from devs themselves, to move game controls off the screen and onto buttons you can feel while pressing. How else will you be able to “exprimir al maximo tu iPhone o iPod touch”?
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w