The final version of Blacksn0w RC2 is now available on Cydia. This version brings fix for WiFi loss, and boot loops issue which was hampering users in the last ‘test’ release.
For those of you who don’t know, blacksn0w RC2 is basically a repackaged version of the original unlock released by geohot, and the fix which was recently released by MSFT Guy for 05.11.07 baseband on iPhone OS 3.1.3.
The installation instructions for blacksn0w RC2 (Final) are exactly similar to the last release.
Simply follow the step by step guide below to unlock iPhone 3GS/3G, on iPhone 3.1.3 05.11.07 Baseband.
1) Checks your *real* firmware version using your kernel version (this avoids using the reported firmware version which might be “faked”). Only installs if you are really running 3.1.2 or 3.1.3
2) Checks your baseband version – only installs if 05.11.07
3) Properly backs up and restores your configuration if uninstalled
How to: Jailbreak iPhone on 3.1.3:
Step 1: Follow the guide posted here to jailbreak your iPhone 3G or 3GS using Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 on iPhone firmware 3.1.3.
How to: Unlock iPhone 3G/3GS 05.11.07 Baseband on 3.1.3:
Step 2: Once you are done with the jailbreak, you can now unlock your iPhone running jailbroken firmware 3.1.3 by using blacksn0w RC2 Final from Cydia. To do this:
- Start “Cydia” on your iPhone.
- Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom.
- Now touch on “Sources” as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http://cydia.pushfix.info” and touch on “Add Source”.
Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
- After installation is completed. Search for “blacksn0w RC2” in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
Step 3: Now simply restart your iPhone. Voila! You are now running a fully unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS on firmware 3.1.3 05.11.07 baseband.