Britain’s ITV warns Apple again not to use "iTV"
Back in August of 2010, UK commercial television network ITV balked at rumors that Apple would rebrand the Apple TV as iTV, threatening legal action.
Years later, the network is at it again, this time addressing rumors that Apple’s “hobby” is due for a refresh and potential re-branding.
Apple has never confirmed plans for a revised Apple TV, but ITV is still prepared to protect its trademark. The Telegraph reports that the company recently wrote to Apple, warning it not to use the name for either an updated Apple TV or the much-rumored “smart television” that’s supposedly in development.
It makes sense for ITV to protect itself but so far it’s addressing rumors. Besides, Apple and Cisco were able to work things out when Apple re-branded the iPhone operating system “iOS.”
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1