Burglar who broke into Steve Jobs’ house gets 7 years in jail
Last August we told you about a burglar who broke into the home of the late Steve Jobs on July 17 and made off with several Apple products, a diamond necklace and earrings, plus other personal items. The perpetrator was soon caught by the Rapid Enforcement Allied Computer Team with the help of Apple security. Both used the stolen devices’ serial numbers and the burglar’s IP address to track the goods. As Macworld UK notes, the man responsible for the crime has now been sentenced to seven years in jail.
Kariem McFarlin, 35, admitted to the burglary to police after he was arrested and also apologized for his crimes. He said he stole the property because he had financial problems and was desperate. McFarlin admitted to breaking into at least six other homes and stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of property — including a bar of solid silver.
McFarlin broke into Jobs’ house when it was undergoing renovation work. He jumped over a construction fence and entered through the garage. It is believed that no one was living in the house at the time the burglary occurred.
Burglar who broke into Steve Jobs’ house gets 7 years in jail originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 09:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w