CES 2013: Nest updates to version 2, fights for more compatibility
We’re big fans of the Nest custom controlled thermostat here at TUAW — it’s a great product that got better last year with an update to version 2. Along with a thinner, updated design and brand new firmware, the version 2 update also jumped up to be compatible with 95% of home HVAC systems, up from around 70% for the previous model. Nest was at the CES Digital Experience last night, and talked with us briefly about the new model and how it’s coming along.
The version 2 model just became available to the public late last year, and “we’re selling lots,” the Nest rep said, while declining to provide any more concrete sales numbers. The holiday was apparently a big sales boost for them, and Nest is obviously hoping to see more sales going forward.
There are no new versions of the thermostat planned, so 2013 will see Nest just focusing on the current product, with possibly a few firmware updates and bugfixes coming down the line as the year goes on. Nest is continuing to improve and grow over the next year, and we’ll look forward to seeing just what the company is working on next.
CES 2013: Nest updates to version 2, fights for more compatibility originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 08 Jan 2013 18:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 Beta To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w