CNN Money happy with MacBook Air battery life
CNN Money reporter JP Mangalindan recently got his hands on a review unit of the new 11-inch MacBook Air and he has good news to report.
As a long time Air user Mangalindan’s major criticism of his old 2011 model was its skimpy battery life. While Apple said the 2011 Air was capable of 5 hours of life, Mangalindan experienced closer to 3 hours before he was out of power.
Based on his experiences with the 2013 review unit however, it appears the Air’s battery problems have been solved.
The review unit is 11-inch MacBook Air with 1.3GHz dual-core i5 processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 256 GB of flash storage. Over the course of his basic testing Mangalindan was able to get 8 hours of battery life with Wi-Fi on, multiple apps running, the brightness turned up, and the keyboard illuminated.
Now granted this is a brand new unit, so as time wears on that battery life will drop. But that’s still an incredible amount of juice for such power intensive use settings.
Mangalindan will have a full review later this week, but head over to CNN Money now to check out the rest of his first impression.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w