The CharityBuzz auction for coffee with Tim Cook closed at US$610,000 yesterday. The high bidder will meet Tim Cook on a mutually agreed-upon date for 30 to 60 minutes. On the last day of the auction the high bid sat at $605,000, but in the last 30 minutes someone who had not placed a bid before came in with a bid that was $5,000 higher. The only thing known about the winning bidder is that his bidding name was “a********s.”

CharityBuzz will not reveal the name of the winning bidder, but it’s possible that the bidder could come forward himself or herself. 20% of the winning bid goes to CharityBuzz while the remaining 80% goes to the RFK Center for Justice & Human Rights.

If you had just paid $610,000 to talk to Tim Cook, what would your conversation be like? Let us know in the comments.

Coffee with Tim Cook auction closes at $610,000 originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 15 May 2013 09:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

You can follow on Twitter or join our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Apple and the Web.