Court backs Apple’s request to halt sales of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1
U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh granted Apple an injunction that’ll ban the sale of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the US, according to Reuters. Koh previously denied Apple’s injunction request, but a federal appeals court asked her to reconsider her decision on the Samsung tablet. In a decision handed down late on Tuesday, Koh writes,
Although Samsung has a right to compete, it does not have a right to compete unfairly, by flooding the market with infringing products. While Samsung will certainly suffer lost sales from the issuance of an injunction, the hardship to Apple of having to compete directly with Samsung’s infringing products outweighs Samsung’s harm in light of the previous findings by the Court.
The ban will go into effect when Apple posts a US$2.6 million bond. This money will be used to compensate Samsung for lost revenue if a later ruling finds that the injunction decision was wrong. Samsung is expected to appeal this ruling in a Washington D.C. federal appeals court.
Court backs Apple’s request to halt sales of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w