Create an April Fools pranklet with iPhoneception [video]
Looking for a cute and harmless April Fool’s day prank for your iPhone. Consider iphoneception. It’s a site that creates one of four special effects that mimic the iPhone’s home screen, making users think that something deeply weird has happened to their unit.
Best of all, at least in terms of pranking, it can be installed and run on any unlocked iPhone (i.e. one that doesn’t use a passcode). That’s because it’s just an interactive web page — so you don’t need an Apple ID to add it to a friend’s unit.
You select the effect you wish to use (there are four, including explosions, gravity, kittens, and zombies) and create a homepage bookmark for it. Launch it from Springboard, press the lock button, and your prank is ready to go.
The video that follows shows the effect in action. Incidentally, it was recorded live from the iPhone using a beta version of Reflection, which will offer recording features when it’s released.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1