Daily iPad App: Jack Lumber goes chop socky on trees
Chillingo’s been on a roll lately — I’ve really really enjoyed Puzzle Craft, and now here they come with Jack Lumber, a game by the folks who made Smuggle Truck (or Snuggle Truck, if you caught it post-censorship). This is a title that’s heavily inspired by the great Fruit Ninja, but instead of just ripping off Halfbrick’s apple-slicing classic, it actually iterates forward on that game quite a bit.
For one thing, instead of just slicing through the air as quickly as you can, Jack Lumber will actually pause and slow down the logs you’re meant to be cutting through, which lets you set up a little more strategy to your slices. You can cut through multiple logs in one swipe for bonus points, and some logs have to be cut in a certain directly, or chopped twice for maximum points.
The game’s great fun, and the goofy “Trees killed my grandma” cartoon aesthetic goes a long way towards making the game really colorful and interesting. If you like Fruit Ninja, Jack Lumber is a must buy, and even if you’re looking for something new from a line-drawing game, this one’s well worth a look. Chillingo’s really finding some great games to publish lately. Jack Lumber is universal and available from the App Store now for just 99 cents.
Daily iPad App: Jack Lumber goes chop socky on trees originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w