Daily iPhone App: Weave from Intuit is a free and powerful project tracker
Weave is a simple iPhone app (free) for managing those personal and business projects all in one place. It’s kind of a super to-do list, and while there are plenty of those on offer both free and paid in the App Store, there is plenty to like about Weave. The app is from Intuit, the company that makes Quickbooks and Quicken as well as other financial apps. Those folks know their way around money and time.
Weave can be used for around the home projects and chores. You can share projects with other people through Facebook. You can also track money spent or collected on projects, and prioritize projects so for easy management. The app can also be used to help run your small business.
Gallery: Weave ToDo manager for iPhone
A few features require an account, but that’s a no-charge option. The account lets you assign projects or chores to others, share progress and it lets you back up your data in the cloud. If you want to just run the app for yourself, no account is needed.
When you first start the app you get a quick tutorial, but really it’s pretty simple. If there is any weakness to Weave, it is that I couldn’t find any way to allow recurring projects or events. I have a lot of deadlines, and many are regular. With Weave, I have to enter them each time which seems an undue burden. For those events, I default back to the Apple Calendar, but it has no integration with Weave. I’m hoping a future update will fix this issue.
Weave is very clever, exceedingly easy to use and worth your attention. The app can increase your productivity without burying you in complexity. Weave is iPhone-only at this point, and is optimized for the iPhone 5. It requires iOS 4.3 or greater.
Daily iPhone App: Weave from Intuit is a free and powerful project tracker originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1