Design matters with Sonastand, a tiny acoustic amplifier
Apple is well-known for its precision crafting and impeccable industrial design, but there are many smaller companies that also wrestle with materials, form and function.
The Sonastand is a tiny, aluminum stand that doubles as an acoustic amplifier. It attaches to your iPhone 4 and 4S and is shaped perfectly to capture the sound from the speaker and project it towards you. There’s no battery; all amplification is done using the curvature of the device. It’s not the first acoustic amplifier for the iPhone, but it’s one of the best designs we’ve seen.
A single Sonastand costs $39 and is still available from the company’s Kickstarter page. If you want to read the back story that lead up to the development of the Sonastand, check out the Core77 article. It’s chock full of details.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w