Dev Team Releases Redsn0w 0.9.12b2
iPhone Dev team has just released a new version of Redsn0w 0.9.12b2.
The new version will now explicitly ask users of A4 or lower powered iOS devices if they want to inject rocky-racoon using the DFU ramdisk method or the backup/restore method. It also includes a fix for the iBooks issue for iPhone 3GS with oldroom.
When iPhone Dev team released Redsn0w 0.9.12b1, which includes support for pod2g’s iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak, they had advised users of A4 powered iOS devices with lots of media to use the DFU ramdisk method. They’ve now explicitly asking users that question during the jailbreak process so that they don’t run into a problem later.
iPhone Dev team has provided the following information on their blog:
Starting with version 0.9.12b2, redsn0w will now explicitly ask users with limera1n-able devices whether they want to inject rocky-racoon using the DFU ramdisk method or the backup/restore method (the ramdisk method is better for those with lots of media on their devic% that would create very large backups, and it’s required for those with unactivated iPhones). If you’ll always want to use limera1n, you can select that in the Preferences pane.
It also fixes an iBooks issue on old-bootrom 3GS iPhones, and provides more useful error messages when things go wrong.
Here’re the download links:
- Redsn0w 0.9.12b2 for both Mac & Windows (Run in administrator mode)
If you need any help jailbreaking your iOS device using Redns0w 0.9.12b2 then click on the relevant link below for the step-by-step guide:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Using Redsn0w On iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad, iPod touch 4G and 3G, Apple TV 2G
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w