DevJuice: Organize code snippets with Code Collector Pro
Code Collector Pro (on sale for $9.99, normally $19.99) offers a snippet manager for your development needs. I bought myself a copy a few weeks ago, when it suddenly went on sale, and have spent the time since kicking its wheels.
I was surprised to find out how much I like it. It offers excellent language-specific contextual highlighting, flexible tag support, and easy-to-use searching. Whenever you have a snippet you want to store, just add a new item, paste, and edit its metadata.
I installed it into my Dock on day one, and it’s been there ever since. I have not yet found a reason to close it, hide it, or put it away. That’s a big deal for me given how zealously I guard my permanent Dock items.
Previously, I’ve tried using special-purpose Xcode projects, TextEdit files and even Notes to organize code bits. I was never really satisfied with any of those solutions. Code Collector Pro was built specifically for these kinds of short methods and functions that don’t fit into class categories or helper libraries and it’s doing a grand job in keeping those labeled, readable, and (most importantly) findable.
DevJuice: Organize code snippets with Code Collector Pro originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1