DisplayMate compares Apple Retina displays
DisplayMate, known for its professional monitor and television calibrating tools, took a close look at the retina display of the new iPad and compared it with the iPhone 4 and the iPad 2. In a rather lengthy article, the company runs the three devices through its battery of laboratory and visual tests.
DisplayMate points out that the high resolution is almost overkill and likens it to the overinflated megapixels in digital cameras. What makes the iPad display so wonderful is its improved color saturation, better color accuracy, and the fact that Apple made a variety of improvements without raising the price of the tablet.
Though its a leap forward, the new display needs some work. Tablet manufacturers should try to lower reflectance, improve the ambient light sensor and work on the automatic brightness level which is “functionally useless,” says DisplayMate. You can check out the rest of the detailed analysis at DisplayMate’s website.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 Beta To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w