DivX Stash is a new free service that lets you get control of your online video viewing
DivX Stash is an interesting and free service that lets you collect your favorite YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo and videos from other sources and keep them in a central library. The service is in beta.
You can create custom playlists and watch them on any iOS device with a free app or on your Mac. If you see something you like while on your Mac, stash it, then watch at your leisure on your iPad or iPhone. Or you can reverse the process and watch on your computer.
On the Mac, the system requires a Safari, Firefox or Chrome extension. When it is installed, click on the button, and a link to the video is saved in the cloud. You have the option to add some notes, or save it to one of your playlists.
Gallery: DivX Stash
This is an interesting idea with a couple of downsides. The service requires a Facebook account for your login and password. One of the most obvious things you do with videos is share them, but DivX Stash doesn’t support that yet. The developers say it is coming.
You can get more info at the DivX Stash website and start organizing those online videos right away. More features will be added throughout the year, so keep an eye on them. I think when sharing is added, it will be a very compelling service.
DivX Stash is a new free service that lets you get control of your online video viewing originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 13 Mar 2013 08:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w