Document signed by Steve Jobs, Robert Friedland earns $40K at auction
There’s something new that you can add to the list of ridiculously priced Apple-themed items that you didn’t win at auction: a 1978 legal agreement between Steve Jobs and Robert Friedland, creating a business partnership. The agreement, bearing the signatures of both men, sold for US$40,000 to Tristar Productions CEO Jeff Rosenberg.
Jobs and Friedland both attended Reed College together, and Jobs worked and lived at Friedland’s communal farm and apple orchard near McMinville, Ore. The agreement outlines a partnership to “engage in the business of investments, including particularly but not being limited to real estate investments.” Jobs was already somewhat wealthy at this point in the early history of Apple, so there is conjecture that the agreement may have been a way for Jobs to invest in his friend’s venture.
What did Friedland go on to do? He became a mining tycoon, owns a Canadian mining company, lives in Singapore and has a net worth estimated at more than $1.3 billion.
Document signed by Steve Jobs, Robert Friedland earns $40K at auction originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 13:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1