Dominion officially coming to the App Store this week
My favorite card game to play with friends right now is called Dominion. It’s a game that’s set off a “deck-building” craze in the board gaming world, in that you build up a deck to play with as the game goes on. It’s inspired quite a few games on the App Store already (including the excellent Ascension), and there has even been an officially-sanctioned fan version of the game previously released. But that fan version disappeared a while ago, and that’s because we’re finally getting a full, official version of Dominion to play on iOS later on this week.
Rio Grande has promised to make a full version of the game for a while, and as of this Thursday, we’ll have it. The game looks and sounds great: free play of the base game, and then in-app purchase access to the game’s expansions as they’re released. You’ll be able to play by yourself against bots, online with friends, or even in a new “adventure mode” that turns the game into a single-player title.
The new app is essentially a frontend for an HTML 5 version of the game being worked on by a company called Goko, but as long as it’s Dominion and it works, no worries, right? We’ll find out how faithful this version is when it comes out on Thursday.
[via Pocket Tactics]
Dominion officially coming to the App Store this week originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 Beta To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w