For anyone who spent a good deal of time in the 80’s and early 90’s playing Nintendo or visiting arcades, there are a few video game titles that automatically conjure up feelings of nostalgia; Street Fighter II, NBA Jam, Bad Dudes, Off Road, and of course Double Dragon (note that this list is by no means exhaustive).
If you spent your fair share of time (or quarters for that matter) beating up up bad guys as a pair of ass-kicking twins, you’ll be glad to know that the Double Dragon Trilogy is now available for iOS.
The app will set you back US$3 and includes the following titles: Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, and Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone. Thankfully, the app does not also come with the atrocious Double Dragon live action movie, considered by many to be one of the worst video game to big screen adaptations in history!
In any event, some of the app’s features include:
- Two game modes: “Arcade” (play the game from beginning to end and go for the high score) and “Story” (unlock new stages and achievements while playing through the game)
- Customizable controls
- Three difficulty levels: “mobile” (specially balanced for mobile games), “original” (similar to the arcade version) and “expert” (a real challenge!)
- Achievements & leaderboards via Game Center and Google Play Game Service
- Choose between the original 8-bit soundtrack and a brand-new remastered one!
- Co-op mode (two players) via bluetooth
The game will also be compatible with third-party iOS controllers once they start hitting store shelves. You can download the game here on iTunes.