iTunes 12.2 download with Apple Music and Beats 1 radio support for Mac and Windows has been launched. More information on the update, and details on where to download it from, can be found right here.
Apple finally turned the switch today and made Apple Music and Beats 1 radio station offered around the world to a large range of audience. With well over 30 million tracks under its massive iTunes library belt, Apple is going big with its first ever venture into the music streaming arena, taking the huge weapons such as Spotify head on.
Making its commercial debut earlier today with the iOS 8.4 software upgrade, Apple has now launched a new version of iTunes – – version 12.2 – which brings the business’s music streaming service to the desktop community.
Before we delve into what the brand-new variation of iTunes brings, let’s go through the procedure of how you can download version 12.2 on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Launch the Software Update utility.
- Let the utility refresh and look for the iTunes 12.2 update.
- Once you see the iTunes 12.2 update, simply install and reboot your PC.
- Launch the Mac App Store.
- On top of the main window, you should see an ‘Updates’ button – click on it.
- Wait for the Mac App Store to refresh and search for the iTunes 12.2 update.
- Click on the ‘Update’ button next to iTunes 12.2 and let it download and install.
As you can think already, Apple Music support and Beats 1 radio aren’t the most significant addition to the iTunes 12.2 upgrade. Apple’s desktop music management software now has a brand brand-new icon, bringing it in line with iOS 8.4’s Music app.
Similar to on iOS, you get a three-month trial on the desktop also, offering you a fair amount of time to decide whether you wish to continue with the service or just skip on it.
The complete list of modifications are as follows, as per the Mac App Store:
If you’re an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch user presently sitting on iOS 8.3 or older, then we recommend that you make the upgrade to iOS 8.4 to maximize Apple Music. Direct download links for the iOS 8.4 upgrade can be discovered here: Download iOS 8.4 Last IPSW Hyperlinks For iPhone And iPad.