Just in time for the upcoming school season (and Apple’s education promo) 3D4Medical has released Essential Anatomy 2 for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. The most noticeable improvement, of course, is the iPhone support (EA1 was iPad-only). The first Essential Anatomy app (you can read my review of it here) has become a staple of anatomy learning in the classroom. With the latest update to the app, it has become even more comprehensive. Now in addition to exploring the bones, muscles, connective tissue, nerves, arteries and veins in the body, the app has added the digestive and urinary systems.
Other improvements to Essential Anatomy 2 include:
- Now available for the iPhone 4S and above
- Digestive and urinary system viscera added
- Multiple Selection Mode
- Enhanced Bookmark renaming and sharing features
- Corrected minor content issues
- Minor bug fixes and app optimization
- Alerts to help manage optimal performance for iPad mini and iPad 2
Essential Anatomy 2 adds more systems, iPhone support, just in time for back to school originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 04 Jul 2013 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.