Great evening! Right here’s the Apple information for Jan. 6, 2014:
- There a couple hrs left up until twelve o’clock at night, meanings if you have not downloaded and install the final gift from Apple’s 12 Days of Presents, you’ll have to hurry up and do so. The giveaway ends with a mini album from The Rolling Stones.
- Apple will reveal its Q1 2014 earnings on Jan. 27 at 5 p.m. ET/2 p.m. PT. An audio webcast will certainly be offered after the earnings launch. We will certainly have full coverage of the revenues record on TUAW.
- The most recent numbers from ComScore show that Apple’s hold on the UNITED STATE smartphone market has increased to 41.2 percent. Even though Android work on a larger percent of phones, iPhone use proceeds to far surpass the Android rivals with Samsung phones coming in at 26 percent.
- It’s not the most effective time of year for the Nest thermostat to be having concerns, and a 4.0.1 upgrade has been presented to address WiFi and battery issues. However, Nest informs TechCrunch that the 4.0 release isn’t behind Nest having issues with biking on and off or simply not working altogether.
Customers like Clayton and Richard (seen above) have been flocking to social networks to report Nest problems ranging from annoyance to disaster. Some say they have actually comehome or get up in the center of the evening to a freezing cool home. When they examine their Nest, they discover it switching on and off continuously, or all of a sudden from battery. Sometimes it’s turned off or down their warmth. One unlucky client had hispipes freeze considering that his residence got so cool.
- Stone unveiled a $ 250 steel variation of its smart watch for CES this year. It’s up for preorder now and will certainly perform sale Jan. 28. The firm also claimed it’s readying to open its very own application store by the end of this month.
Lastly, kick back and relax with several of these features that appeared on TUAW earlier today:
- The Publication and I: Exactly how the iPad has altered my reading life
- 8 Time Device pardons that don’t make good sense
- Cut the Cords 2 develops the art of having in-app acquisitions without being a jerk
- Waterfield Designs Outback Solo bag for iPad Air: Design and substance
- The most discouraging point you have actually never ever discovered regarding your iPhone’s residence screen
- Report Roundup: ‘2014 is the Year of (x)’
- 10 pointers for getting one of the most from your Apple TV