Facebook previews upcoming app-inspired newsfeed for desktop and mobile
Facebook today announced a major revamp coming to its signature News Feed every user sees when they launch the Facebook app or log in to Facebook on the desktop. The updated News Feed is heavily inspired by Facebook’s mobile app, which was first developed for iOS.
While there are several changes to the News Feed coming, the most obvious will appear in the desktop browser. Now Facebook’s website will feature the same left-side navigation browser that users reveal on its iOS apps by swiping to the right. In addition, significant changes are coming to the way the News Feed is displayed on the iPhone and iPad. From Facebook’s press release today:
Today we’re announcing a new version of Facebook designed to reduce clutter and focus more on stories from the people you care about. You see all the stories you saw in your News Feed before, but with a fresh new look. We’ve completely rebuilt each story to be much more vibrant and colorful and highlight the content that your friends are sharing. Photos, news articles, maps and events all look brighter and more beautiful.
To make sure you’re seeing all the stories you want to see, we’re introducing several new feeds to explore in addition to the same News Feed you have today:
- All Friends — a feed that shows you everything your friends are sharing
- Photos — a feed with nothing but photos from your friends and the Pages you like
- Music — a feed with posts about the music you listen to
- Following — a feed with the latest news from the Pages you like and the people you follow.
The new News Feed rollout won’t rollout won’t go live for everyone for a few weeks. Those wishing to get started early can visit www.facebook.com/about/newsfeed and add themselves to the waiting list.
Facebook previews upcoming app-inspired newsfeed for desktop and mobile originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 07 Mar 2013 19:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1