Fishlabs sets the Galaxy on Fire with Valkyrie update
The latest, most popular iteration is Galaxy on Fire 2, which Fishlabs has kept fresh with updates and extra content since launch. Players fight pirates, loot, mine asteroids and perform several other Elite-style tasks.
The latest update is called Valkyrie, which debuted as I chatted with Fishlabs at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco last week. The HD update makes the game look stunning. Even iPhone owners will benefit, as those with the standard version get Valkyrie’s HD graphics for free. Valkyrie meets fan requests like larger ships and a new storyline, which Fishlabs says will run as long as the game content is available.
Galaxy on Fire is a gorgeous game, and Fishlabs says it’s ready for the new iPad. As soon as they get hands on the new hardware, they’ll “optimize the assets” and be ready to go. They are excited about the new quad core processors, but for Galaxy on Fire itself, Fishlabs probably won’t add any extra features. Instead, they’ll just make the game look better. “We’d rather use the hardware to improve the visual quality,” I was told.
Fans can expect another DLC pack coming soon. Supernova, which will have its own unique storyline and graphical updates. By the year’s end, Fishlabs expects to release another new game they’re not ready to discuss. “A free-to-play title set in the Galaxy on Fire universe” is all I was told.
Fishlabs is doing quite well. Space-trading simulators have a limited audience. While Galaxy on Fire is an excellent game, it might not appeal to casual gamers. But Fishlabs continues to prove that as long as you have a dedicated and interested audience, you can assemble a successful franchise on Apple’s platform.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w