Fortune calls new iMac "best ever"
Fortune has officially said what many of us who have already gotten our hands on Apple’s newest computer are thinking: the latest iMac is the “best ever.” If you haven’t played around with one yet, get down to an Apple store and see one for yourself. The images you’ve seen dancing around the web don’t do it justice. More than ever, this Apple product makes its predecessor look stale and boring. Or, as I’ve said before, the new iMac makes the old iMac look like it was designed by Dell.
Forbes rightly points out that the 21.5″ model with 3.1 GHz quad-core i7 Ivy Bridge processor, 16 gigabytes of RAM, a 1 Terabyte “Fusion Drive,” and a dedicated Nvidia GeForce GT 650M graphics card is “way more horsepower than most users will ever need.” Indeed, even several professional film editors I know don’t mind working on the new iMacs given that they can easily run a second Thunderbolt display.
The only thing that really bugged Forbes about the new iMac was the lack of Retina display. For users who haven’t used one of the Retina MacBook Pros before, this really won’t be an issue. If you have, the iMac’s display might be off-putting. Then again, it’s not like users have a choice right now. Until the cost and size yields are right don’t expect to see Retina displays larger than 15 inches.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w