Foursquare adds "quick glide" feature to iOS
I’m one of the millions of people who love checking in at locations all over the world with Foursquare. To date, the free social location sharing app has logged almost 3 billion check-ins. A new feature appeared in the app’s most recent update on February 28 to make it even easier to check into your favorite restaurant, office, or coffee shop.
The feature, called “quick glide” by our friends at TechCrunch, eliminates a few steps in the check-in process. If Foursquare has identified the current location and put one of those blue “Looks like you’re at …” button at the top of the screen, users can just tap and hold that button until a green line glides across the display indicating that the user is checked in.
For those situations where you need to tap the “pin” icon to see a list of local locations, a tap and hold on the correct listing checks you in with the same gliding line indicating your check-in is underway.
It’s not much of a change, but just another way to ease the way for those of us who want to retain our mayorships at venues around our homes.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1