Foxconn realizes record $3.2 billion profit for 2012
The success of the iPhone 5 and three new iPad models in 2012 not only raised Apple’s profits to record levels, but has also helped manufacturer Foxconn to reach a all-time high $3.2 billion profit ($3.9 trillion New Taiwan dollars) during the year.
Foxconn, the trade name for Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., assembles many of Apple’s products in Chinese manufacturing plants. While Apple also works with some other manufacturing firms such as Pegatron and is moving some limited manufacturing capability back to the United States, the majority of Apple products are built in Foxconn plants.
Foxconn also recently announced that the company is adding 5,000 new jobs, primarily R&D personnel who will be working on automated production, robotics, and e-commerce.
Foxconn realizes record $3.2 billion profit for 2012 originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w