Future iOS update in China may adopt Baidu search, drop Google
According to The Next Web, Chinese website Sina Tech speculates that Apple may roll out an update in China that’ll drop Google search from iOS and replace it with Baidu, a Chinese language search engine. Though unconfirmed, this move makes sense as Baidu commands more than 80 percent of the search market in the Asian country.
If it pans out, this switch would be terrible news for Google as it closes one of the company’s in roads into the Chinese search market. It’s also one more sign that Apple is no longer relying only on Google for web services like search and mapping.
[Via The Next Web]
Future iOS update in China may adopt Baidu search, drop Google originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.0.6
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.0.6 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1