This week, we’re celebrating Thanksgiving in the United States, which also happens to be the official start of the holiday season gift-giving countdown. And that means sales in most places where entertainment is bought and sold, including the App Store. Here are a few of the most interesting sales we’ve heard about so far.
- Gameloft is having a big company wide sale, with most of its apps on multiple platforms seeing discounts. That means The Amazing Spider-man app is just $.99, as is the action platformer BackStab and Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard. These prices might not have updated just yet where you live, but we’re told they’ll be discounted starting on Thursday and all through the weekend.
- Capcom’s also got a sale going on, with Street Fighter X Tekken Mobile at $.99 as the centerpiece. Ghosts n Goblins Gold Knights is also down to just a buck, and we may see more titles go cheap before the weekend ends.
- PictoSoft has sent nearly all of its titles down to free for the weekend, including the popular 8th Floor: Secret of Castle.
- I’ve mentioned this sale a few times now, but it’s worth mentioning again: Puzzle Craft is free to download right now. This is the iOS game of the year, people, at zero cost to you.
- EA’s got Real Racing 2 and the traditional Monopoly game down to 99 cents. Fifa 13 is $2.99, and Need for Speed: Most Wanted is $4.99. Stay tuned — this is likely only the first of plenty of EA sales this year.
- Sega’s brought Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 2 down to $2.99, which is the cheapest it’s been in a while. Crazy Taxi is also just $2.99 as well.
- Bit-1 is a crazy little platformer that’s now free, and it looks worth a download for sure.
This is just the beginning. There are likely to be quite a few more sales going on this week and weekend due to Black Friday. The biggest sales actually come right before and after Christmas, when all of those newly unwrapped iPhones and iPads go looking on the App Store for games and apps to download. Stay tuned for lots more.
Gameloft titles and other games on sale for Thanksgiving originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 21 Nov 2012 09:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.