Gmail for iOS updated with sign-out option, better iOS app integration
Gmail for iOS was updated today to version 2.2.7182, and folks who use the app to grab their Gmail-flavored email are going to be happy.
First, there’s now a way to sign out of individual accounts. In the past, signing out of one account was impossible — you had to sign out of all of them at once. Now it’s possible to tap and hold an account avatar in the app sidebar, which brings up a Sign Out button for that account.
The second big feature in this update is that you can now specify whether a link to Google Maps, YouTube and other Web links should open in Google’s native apps (if they’re installed) or a mobile web view. The options are enabled for the entire Gmail app, not just for individual accounts. If you prefer Chrome on iOS over Safari, you’ll enjoy this feature (which can be turned off).
Finally, the Gmail app now provides search suggestions as you type. The suggestions should provide results based on addresses or subject lines for any of your Gmail accounts.
Gmail for iOS updated with sign-out option, better iOS app integration originally appeared on TUAW – The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Mon, 06 May 2013 13:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1