Google Play Music Updated For iOS 7: Genre Search, I’m Feeling Lucky Radio And More
It may have taken months to get to iOS, but Google’s Music app isn’t going to stand still now that it’s finally on Apple’s platform. Instead, just a month after its release the Google Play Music app has received a sizeable update, bringing it up to scratch with other apps that are designed with iOS 7 in mind.
Version number 184.108.40.2068 is now in the App Store and brings some important changes to the app. The first that most people will notice is the completely new user interface that is built for iOS 7. That means that the app will now look right at home alongside the plethora of App Store apps that have ditched their existing look in favor of a more flat, more clean interface that more closely resembles the operating system that it runs atop of.
- UI updated for iOS7
- Added support for I’m feeling lucky radio
- Auto-playlists (including Thumbs Up playlist) added to playlist view
- Genre radio stations added for All Access users
- Added ability to search for genres
Arguably more useful additions include a new ‘I’m feeling lucky radio’ feature as well an added ability to search for genres when on the hunt for new music to listen to.
In this new version of Google Play Music users will also see that auto-playlists are now in the playlist view, and that genre radio stations have been added for All Access users.
The world of streaming music has changed quite a bit over the last few years, and Spotify, Rdio and Google Play Music are all battling it out for supremacy in what some may call the post-iTunes era. Given the popularity of the recently iTunes-exclusive release of Beyoncé’s latest album though, it might be a little early to write iTunes off just yet.
The newly updated version of Google Play Music is available to download in the App Store now. If you’re a Google Play Music subscriber and happen to have an iPhone, then you’ll be wanting to get this downloaded sooner rather than later.
(Download: Google Play Music for iPhone on the App Store)
- Download iOS 7.1.1
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7 – 7.1 Untethered On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s And More With Evasi0n7
- How To Downgrade iOS 7.1-7.1.1 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.2
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1