Guide: How to Save iPhone 4 SHSH Blobs (ECID SHSH) on iOS 4
TinyUmbrella has been updated to support iPhone 4 (running iOS 4).
It is important to save SHSH Blobs (ECID SHSH) files of your iPhone 4 now because of all the rumors going around regarding a new firmware update, which could be released as early as next week.
If you have your SHSH blobs on file, you can downgrade anytime to iOS 4 from iOS 4.01 should you need to.
Some important notes for iPhone 4 SHSH blobs before you proceed.
If you desire to restore your iPhone 4 to iOS 4, make sure you uninstall Wi-Fi Sync before trying to do so.
In order to obtain your SHSH you MUST have the device attached.
Restores on the iPhone 4 are not perfect. They error out locally but the restore does complete – it just needs to be helped along. (Much like downgrades where the baseband update fails). I’ll try to put the functionality in TinyUmbrella to fix this.
For Mac users: Copy the app OUT OF THE DMG. The reason you are getting the repeating password prompts is because you ran the app from within the DMG. This is bad. Copy it anywhere and you’ll be fine.
From here onwards, you can simply follow the steps that i have posted here for iPhone 3GS and iPod touch. These steps are essentially the same for iPhone 4 except for some of the notes that I have posted above.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 7.0.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 7 To iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod touch 4 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5,4S, iPad, iPod touch Using Evasi0n 1.5
- How To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Official Cydia On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b1
- How To Downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G From iOS 6 To 5.1.1 Using Redsn0w